Friday, May 14, 2010

Saying No...to Twilight

Today's Thought:
I joked about Twilight: The Musical yesterday. Then I found out Robert Pattinson did a song for the movie soundtrack. So, it's just a matter of time until...

The ChipperMuse Extra:
This is a mash-up of my Twitter ramblings and my blog/Facebook question about saying no. Because apparently, there are plenty of people who have no problem saying no to Twilight: The Musical. Actually, that's an exaggeration. There's just one person who said no to that idea. He shall remain nameless.

But as a teacher, I know that when one person says anything in class, it means that half the class really wanted to say it and just didn't have the nerve. So where one says no, many want to say no.

I don't actually want to see Twilight made into a musical. And no one is talking about it yet, at least not as far as I know. I simply made up a song for Edward to sing, based on a tune from West Side Story. It would go as follows:

I feel sparkly, oh so sparkly, I feel long-lived and youthful and bright. Oh so sparkly. And I'd love to be yours tonight...

Can't you picture it? Hear it? Are you covering your ears in denial right now? Well, I understand that all too well. And yet, I'm warning you that it's just a matter of time before this musical gets made. Oh, it'll have different music than what I've suggested above. But it's coming. And it'll probably be terrible. And it'll probably tour all over the country. Because that's the trend these days. Take a movie and turn it into a horrible Broadway musical to torture people who normally enjoy the arts very much... people who define art in a narrow manner that doesn't include vampires shuffling to Buffalo.

Whether you like it or not, Robert Pattinson is coming to a stage near you, and so are a bunch of other vampires. And they're not just sparkly. They do show tunes! Hoorah!

Copyright (c) 2010 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.