Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday's Thought, Kind Of...

Thursday's Thought for the Day:
I got a Chinese fortune cook that says, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Doesn't the impossible require more commitment than "kind of"?

ChipperMuse Extra:
This particular fortune is hanging on my wall at work because I get such a kick out of it. It's like someone is trying to talk himself (or herself?) into taking a big risk. Doing the impossible...hmm...it "could be" good, "might be kind of" fun... Nothing like going into an impossible situation positively. Hahaha.

Maybe something got lost in the translation from Chinese thinking to Americanese.

But I think that doing the impossible isn't just "kind of" fun...It's BIG fun. Whenever I accomplish something I didn't think I could do, I'm thrilled about it. And I want to do it again. Expanding our boundaries and reaching for more...challenging ourselves...that is one of the greatest experiences in life.

The Bible even talks about it in Isaiah chapter 54. The metaphor is that we must learn to stretch out the tent pegs and enlarge our living space to the left and the right. It's a reminder that there is room for a lot more in our life than we have right now. Our part is to make more room, so that the new space can also be filled with good things.

I'm all about expanding my own tent. I encourage you to expand yours. I think you'll find it's more than "kind of" fun!

Copyright (c) 2010 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.