Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Be (Serious or Funny) or Not to Be (Serious or Funny)... It's a Question, All Right

Today's Thought, Part 1
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -Gandhi-

The ChipperMuse Extra, Part 1
It seemed like such a good idea to write about the Gandhi quote today. It's a profound thought, totally appropriate for a Thursday morning, right?

One of my Bible teachers likes to say that mature spirituality is the result of letting our spiritual beliefs govern what we think, say, and do. There is definitely truth in this statement. Being who you truly are is the result of living consistently. When you think, say, and do what you believe and what you care about, you are being your real, authentic self. You are truly being YOU at that moment. Spirituality demands honesty. And so does your happiness.

Today's Thought, Part 2
Happiness is also talking about bouncey games...at least it is for me. -TheChipperMuse-

The ChipperMuse Extra, Part 2
After I decided to write about the Gandhi quote, I saw today's topic on the Stuff Christians Like blog--Today is about feeling sorry for all the Vacation Bible Schools that don't have bouncey games.

You remember those games, don't you? Even if you never went to a Vacation Bible School, your elementary school or local carnival probably had those big blow-up games that you could hop around in, like Tigger. I remember them from my elementary school and the Catholic church carnivals that took place in spring and summer. Man, those games were fun.

I do feel sorry for those who lack bouncey games. It's hard to feel close to God if you can't jump up and get a little closer to Him, you know? Isn't spirituality for kids all about hopping? I'm pretty sure that bounciness is next to godliness.

Ahahaha! I make me laugh. And that, in a nutshell, was my dilemma today. Should I write seriously about Gandhi, or write jokingly about bouncey games? I decided to be consistent with what I think, say, and do by being serious and funny at the same time. That's the way the ChipperMuse mind works.

Am I happy as a result? Checking...checking...Yup, pretty  happy! Gandhi's right!

Copyright (c) 2010 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.