Friday, May 7, 2010

Trash Bags in the Wind

Friday's Thought:
Tall kitchen-size trash bags can fly. I saw one bouncing along, high above the rooftops, sustained by the Tulsa wind...like a loose balloon. I was captivated by it. The unusual always captures our attention.

ChipperMuse Extra:
I love seeing things that are unexpected, especially when they bring a laugh to my lips. That trash bag provided one of those moments for me. I did a double-take when I caught that white bouncing image out of the corner of my eye. Then I watched the bag just bounce along, and waft higher, and then bounce along, and waft higher. I was impressed that no helium was required to propel the trash bag along, just the 35 mile an hour wind.

Of course, this is the same wind that tried to push my SUV off the road as I drove home for the evening. But I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I'm still smiling over the memory of that trash bag. In spite of its appearance, that trash bag beat the odds and did the impossible. It soared! We should all be as lucky as that trash bag, if you ask me.

Copyright (c) 2010 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.