Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lit Twit (Literary Twitter)

Welcome to the mind of The Chipper Muse. I was on Twitter last night, and for some reason, I wondered this: If famous literary characters were alive today and on Twitter, what would they be tweeting about?

Naturally, I immediately thought the idea was hilarious. Possibilities are endless. Here are just a few ideas, in 140 characters or less (as Twitter rules demand). See if you can name them all. If not, there’s an answer key below.

@callmeish:
Finally sighted whale. It’s white. Maybe can finally kill it and get back to Beantown for some chowder, beer, and women!

@nomoregatz:
Whew! Wild party last night. Tons of crashers, but D- never showed. Got to chat with neighbor from Midwest. Nice guy, but kind of naïve.

@greatdane:
I hate my uncle! I hate my mother! I hate everyone in this stupid castle! Oh, and my Dad’s ghost is haunting me. Sigh.

@spiceguy:
If I drink the drugged water, I’m going to be a freak. But I’ll also rule the universe. Hmm…

@bakerstreetboy:
Everyone else wondering about hounds, as though it’s some big mystery. Not! It’s a cinch. Like being in elementary school.

@jiltedbride:
I don’t care how old I am. I still look d—n good in this wedding dress!

@gregors:
Is it just me, or do I look like a bug today?

@teddybear:
Where did I put that honey?

@samstheman:
I can’t believe all these egg recalls. How am I supposed to make my favorite breakfast?

@junglelover:
Jane! Jaaane!

@riverrunsdeep:
What is up with my aunt? She keeps trying to change my clothes and cut my hair. She calls it civilized. I call it prison!

@greekgod:
Man, my foot is killing me today! What’s up with that?

Answer key:

1. Ishmael, Moby Dick 2. Jay Gatsby, The Great Gatsby 3. Hamlet 4. Paul Atreides, Dune 5. Sherlock Holmes, Hound of the Baskervilles 6. Miss Havisham, Great Expectations 7. Gregor Samsa, The Metamorphosis 8. Winnie the Pooh 9. Sam I Am, Green Eggs and Ham 10. Tarzan 11. Huck Finn 12. Achilles, The Iliad

Thanks for playing! Feel free to add your lit twits in the comments section. I'd love to read them.

Copyright © 2010 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.