Friday, January 28, 2011

What's New in Writing

Isn't it cool when you accomplish something? I have to say, I'm proud of myself. I entered two writing contests this week, which is something I've never done before. One of the pieces is inspirational, and I've already received great feedback from people who have read it. Apparently, when I distill some minor hell I've been through and find a way to laugh about it, it provides encouragement and insight to other people. Or at least, this piece does that. That's a pretty cool thing, I have to say. And it just goes to show, when you step out to do something you haven't done, or when you accomplish a goal you've set for yourself, there's a reward for you in the experience somewhere. So whatever you do...writing, art, parenting, whatever... I say, Go for it! Press toward that goal. And look for the prize. It's waiting for you and it belongs to you. Take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.