Friday, January 14, 2011

Writing Update

Hi, all. Just a quick writing update. I've got two weeks to finish a short story and submit it to the Oklahoma Writers Federation (OWFI) contest for this year. I'm trying two things. One, I'm editing down a story that is at 11,000 words but needs to be 5,000 or less to meet the contest requirements. This is a major pain, and I don't know if it will work, but it's an interesting exercise. Cutting your work like that is always hard, and in this case, it's nigh impossible because it means taking a 43 page story and cutting it to 20 pages. More than half would have to go.

The other thing I'm trying is to write a new story as fast as I can, which I can do, but it may not be as polished as I like. Then again, writing fast is a challenge for me, so this is a good exercise too. Writing is about learning, so I don't mind the work.

But I still want to win. You know? I'll let you know how it goes.

Ciao for now!
The Chipper Muse

Copyright (c) 2011 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.