Friday, February 25, 2011

Keeping Me Honest-February 25 edition

So, did I get any writing done this week? Not as much as I'd like. It's been a full week. But I'm continuing to plot my novel.

Asimov's rejected a poem I submitted to them. My first official rejection from a professional magazine. I wear it like a combat medal. Truthfully, I don't mind. It just means I move on to submitting somewhere else, and I did that just the other day. Let's see if Mindflights will like the poem.

And I scored another cheeky piece with "The Devil Is in Your Thin Mints" (see prior blog entry). I like writing in that style of observational satire, but it's sometimes hard to figure out a topic. Thin Mints fell in my lap. Not the cookies, thankfully, just the subject. I need more calories like I need a hole in the head. That piece has received some nice feedback.

Conclusion: I feel good about this week, since I got more done than it seems at first glance. And I've got all weekend to write and edit. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.