Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Update

I've been a bad, bad girl.

Don't get too excited. All I mean is, I didn't get much writing done this week. Holidays are messing with my schedule, and I'm feeling the challenge of making sure the blog is up regularly at holiday times. Anyone else feel that way? It's part of learning what works for me, that's all. I'll get it. But I'm sorry I didn't get something brilliant up for Wednesday, which is what I always shoot for. I'll have to get ahead on that, so there will always be something for you to read!

I do, however, feel like I have the crux of the plot for a simple sci-fi-horror-thriller mashup novel I've been kicking around. So now I can really get down to writing, knowing where I'm going. This is good news.

And I'm working through The Artist's Way, a 12-week plan (in book form) which is supposed to be a good way to unblock our creativity. Check it out if you ever feel creatively blocked. Some of its ideas are really useful. I love the artist's date. It's supposed to connect you to your inner childlike creative self. My inner artist likes ice cream and chocolate sprinkles. My adult self likes to be thin. I'll just have to work out more. Haha!

Anyway, best wishes in your creative endeavors this coming week. See you all on Monday!

~The Chipper Muse~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.