Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Mention: The Baggallini

Looking for a great travel bag that also doubles as a terrific about-the-town bag? You want a Baggallini!


What makes a great bag? I'm talking about a purse, but really, I could also be talking about a tote or travel bag. Anything that carries your stuff around while you get around. What makes a great bag?


The answer: comfort, convenience, usefulness, sturdiness, and stylishness. In other words: a Baggallini.


No, the Baggallini is not a new pasta dish at the Olive Garden. It's a brand of travel bags, totes, and handbags created by two flight attendants who wanted to carry something that was both functional and fashionable. It's a brilliant idea and a brilliant sales pitch: the travel bags designed by people who travel every day for a living. And they've succeeded.


I bought my Baggallini, a nice little tote to carry my wallet and passport, right before an international trip. At around $40, I was a little nervous about investing because if the bag didn't work, that would be the cost of two bottles of water at the airport down the drain. (I exaggerate, of course, but only slightly.) What won me over was the outside of the bag, which appeared waterproof, and the many compartments, which would allow for me to hide my money separately from my passport. Check it out:






Plus, the bag was comfortable when I threw it over my shoulder. So I forked over my money and went a-traveling.


I was so pleased to find that I made a great investment. The Baggallini travels well, is very comfortable, and holds a lot for a small bag. It's a perfect companion on your overseas journeys. And it has quickly become my go-to handbag for times that I want to tool around town too. It's so nice to like a handbag so much that I want to use it as much as possible.


Baggallini offers bigger bags too, as well as smaller items like wallets, phone cases, and jewelry pouches. Check out their website at http://www.baggallini.com/index.asp for more information, to shop online, or to find a retailer near you.


Do you own a Baggallini? Or do you have another brand of travel bags and handbags that you love? Let me know about it here. I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Full disclosure: I own a Baggallini and paid full price for it. I don't know anyone personally who works for the company or who sells the bags. I have earned no money for recommending the Baggallini. (But if they want to give me a gift now that I've published this post, I suppose I wouldn't say no. Baggallini, are you listening?)


Copyright (c) 2011 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.