Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sometimes, the Magic Doesn't Come

I got up this morning to the horrible realization that I had nothing to say.


Okay, let me temper that: I had nothing profound to say today on the blog. I had plenty to say about the projects I'm working on at the day job, plenty to chat about with my walking buddy, and plenty to want to say about Jim Butcher's website, which gave away a devastating spoiler about Changes in the description of its follow-up book Ghost Story (neither of which I have read yet).


Curse you, Butcher! Hex, hex, hex on you!


But back to my point: I love having powerful things to write to you. I love having funny things to say. I enjoy writing about things that are casual, not particularly life-changing, but interesting nonetheless. And I really get a kick out of mocking headlines, though that hasn't worked lately because MSNBC is writing straight, sensible headlines instead of writing ridiculous ones. (My favorite post about this is found here, but feel free to search for more under my Writing and Creativity posts.)


I may have to resort to quoting the names of the videos under Fox News' Features & Faces section. Do you really to read about a UFO mothership over England, a four-legged bird, and the problem with fake babies? I don't either.


But back again to my point: It really stinks when I don't know what to write about. And it puts me behind schedule on updating the blog, which I don't like either. All I can do is say I'm sorry, and promise to be more on the ball about getting my Wednesday posts written ahead of time.


And I can cross my fingers that MSNBC will employ Shia Labeouf to start writing headlines. He puts his foot in his mouth often enough to be a running joke on my blog. It's a longshot, but it's better than nothing.


Copyright (c) 2011 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.