Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday Mention: The Napkin Dad

Fun on a napkin? And philosophy too? Yes. It's all at The Napkin Dad...a guy who, you know, draws art on napkins and stuff.


I am not an artist. Oh, I like to draw and doodle. I enjoy painting pottery at those pottery painting places you see around town. I'm just not particularly strong at the visual arts. 


But I love looking at artworks, and I admire those who make them, because I know it's a gift. And part of an artist's talents lie not only in what he does, but in how he chooses to do it...technique, style, medium.


Enter the Napkin Dad.


Yes, he's a dad. Yes, he draws on napkins. His work is full of color and passion, very thoughtful, usually with a lesson or a word of wisdom. It's not that he's preachy. Rather, he developed his technique as a way to connect with his daughters on a daily basis and pursue his art at the same time. And since he's a dad, he used the napkins as a little educational tool too.


Extremely creative! And fun!


And yes, he's a nice guy too. I met him at a local bloggers meet-up, and he kindly let us hold his delicate artwork in our hands as he explained the origins of his artwork.


Check him out at The Napkin Dad's website. If you like what you see, consider buying some of his merchandise. And tell him The Chipper Muse sent you. 


Copyright (c) 2011 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.