Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ten Random Things About Me

I'm participating in the Write Campaign, and we're playing a little game with our fellow bloggers. I've been tagged as "it" by Barbara McDowell, whose blog can be found here.


Joe Elliott playing guitar. Sigh!
In the spirit of playing along, I'm using today to list ten random things about me. I'm not sure what this will reveal about me, beyond the fact that I'm definitely unusual. Here goes.


#1 - I am a huge rock chick. I love Bon Jovi. I love Def Leppard. I love Heart, Pat Benatar, Tom Petty, Kansas, The Cars, The Police, etc., etc., etc. But Def Leppard is my favorite because I have had a crush on their bass player, who has the body of a god (or a really active soccer player), since I was about 13 years old.


#2 - I wrote an essay on vampire myth and folklore that got published in the American Mensa Journal. Because I like finding ways to merge my scifi nerddom, my braniac tendencies, and my love of writing. Who wouldn't?


Mark from Battle of the Planets
#3 - I was a huge fan of the anime series, Battle of the Planets, when I was growing up. I still love anime as a result. (It's kind of a coincidence that one of the cartoon characters was tall and lean, with shaggy hair, kind of like Def Leppard's lead singer. I insist that this does not make me predictable, although it probably does.)


#4 - I had an audio tape recording of Star Wars that I used to play over and over. It was adapted and edited from the original movie, and was not an exact word-for-word audio. This is why I can quote Star Wars dialogue at about 75-80% instead of 100%. If it had been word-for-word without edits, I think I'd be able to quote that movie perfectly.


#5 - I used to do homework for other classes during my Honors Chemistry class because the chemistry class was too easy, and I was bored. (This changed when I took AP Chemistry and actually had to work at it.)


#6 - I've had the chance to fly in a prop plane over Angel Falls, Venezuela. Angel Falls is the highest waterfall in the world. While in the air, I saw a circular rainbow reflected in the clouds, I guess because there was so much mist in the air to reflect the light.


#7 - You know that game where you have to figure out what one food you'd want with you on a desert island? I can't answer it. I like food too much. Maybe I'd want provolone cheese. Or chocolate. Or spaghetti with bread crumbs and anchovies (which is a hugely popular dish in southern Italy and Sicily). Or cannolis... You can see my problem.


#8 - I love The Lord of the Rings novels. I also love William Faulkner and Shakespeare. I think this makes me a more versatile reader than many people I know. Ooh, I also like Tales of the Teen Titans. What can I say?


#9 - I am a Christian, and I love God. I think He's very cool. This proves that not all intellectuals are atheists. In fact, I think God is way smarter than I am, and this fact impresses me.


#10 - I like to engage in what I call "happy dancing." This is when you don't worry about how you look when you dance. You just dance however you want, moving however makes you happy. because the music is great and you want to have fun. I think everyone should engage in happy dancing because it would take the pressure off looking cool, and allow everyone to have fun. I know a lot of people are reluctant to do this. Even I usually do it only at home, when no one's watching. But it is a blast. I encourage you to try it sometime. 




Now, I know I'm supposed to tag other bloggers to do this. Haven't had time to ask anyone in advance of this post if they'd be willing to participate. So let's just say that if you want to do ten random things about you (or even five), go ahead and do it on your blog and include a link to your post in the comments here.


Copyright (c) by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. Nice to know more about you.

    The first thing I'm going to do when I leave your blog is google the bass player of Def Leppard :).

    I'm big believer in #9 and #10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isis. When you google Rick Savage, make sure you look at pictures of him when he was young and fitted into his leather pants! Here's a link to his picture in IMDB. He's looking a little "pretty" here, but you can really see the body shape too. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2681968640/nm1215303

    And cool to hear you like #9 and #10. I think they are both important parts of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree on many things, Chipper Muse. I love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, anything unusual, and I am Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chipper,

    Well I'm glad I made it to your blog. I am a Christian/Italian too. From NYC and transplanted in Chicago... So we have a few major things in common. I write fantasy but not Sci/Fi never really got into it, but I appreciate it for what it is.

    Do you know ALex Cavanaugh? He is the author of a huge sci/fi novel and his second is coming out. You'd LOVE his blog and he is THE nicest guy. Here's his link just in case you don't know him. http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/

    Nice to meet you back. Thanks for stopping by my blog a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, thanks for the link to Alex's blog. I'll check it out. Glad you got to stop by here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob, we'll have to chat more at one of the TNW meetings. It's nice to know local people who share some of my interests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're one of my favourite people in the world. This just reaffirms it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, oh, Michele I LOVED the double dream hands video!!! I happy dance at least once every day and must add some of these cheesy moves to my arsenal. No one can avoid laughing with glee while doing jazz hands, bursts, side claps and butterflies. Good stuff! Great list and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Mark! Same here! :D

    Barbara, YES! I love it! By the way, look up the double dream feet video too. Same guy. Cheesy but he's having so much fun it's impossible to do anything but smile along with him.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.