Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Won a Prize!

Literally! I won fifth place from the judges in the Write Campaign's third contest for my flash fiction piece, Strange Vacation (click the title to read it).


Here's the news as posted on Rachael Harrie's website, Rach Writes. She runs the Write Campaign, which is a way for writers and bloggers to connect with one another and build their writing platforms. My entry was chosen from 131 entries, which is pretty cool, if you ask me.


The Write Campaign has been a lot of fun, and I've met some great people through it. If you want to participate, visit Rach's blog for more info. She runs the campaign twice a year, I believe, and she'll announce when it's starting up again.


And if you have time, read the other winners' entries too. There's some good writing out there, and it's interesting to see the different twists that people put on the same set of instructions: 300 words or less, setting on a beach, two people (one female, one male), one of them doesn't want to be there, include sensory details, and include a surprise ending. 


It just goes to prove that you don't need to worry about being original. You can do it. Just filter your story ideas through your own individual sensibilities, and you'll come up with something nobody else thought of. Apparently, I did, and it's a laugh. I can't tell you what the idea was, because it would spoil the surprise ending. But believe me, this story is all me. It fit. It was fun to write. And it worked. You can do this too! I know you can.


Can't wait to see us all grow together in our writing and achieve successes like this little one I have just had. So how about you? What's new with your writing? What brags do you have to share? I'd love to hear about it.


Copyright (c) 2011 by Michele Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.