Friday, October 12, 2012

Quick Update and Random Thoughts

Just wanted to give a quick update to my blog friends:

I'm having outpatient surgery this week, so today I'm not posting as usual about writing. There just wasn't time to write something thoughtful in time. I expect to be back in a week with my normal schedule, and at least an update on how I'm doing.

In the meantime, I'll offer some random observations so you don't totally feel left out of the Chipper Muse's mad thinking.

1. I'm super-excited that the new Harry Dresden book is coming out. Finally. Love those books.

2. I saw today that the actor who played Harry Dresden on the TV series now has a part on the new TV show
Arrow. Coincidence? Or brilliant marketing ploy by Harry Dresden's author, Jim Butcher? Discuss.

3. In all seriousness, I'm doing pretty well on my work-in-progress novels. I know I don't talk about this much, but here's the latest news for those who want to know:

My urban fantasy, young adult novel about a cursed girl (Shae) who has to care for Excalibur (and of course, save the world), is about 50% done. My first set of readers gave me feedback on what I've done so far; I'm editing, reviewing, and starting the book's second half. More ideas come to me daily for book two, and I'm sure the same will happen for book three. Yeah, it's a trilogy, but there's a logical reason for this, based on Shae's character development and growth.

The other book I'm working on is an alternate history and fantasy mashup set in approximately the 13th or 14th century, about a guy who loses everything, even his name, and is sold into slavery. He wants his name back and his freedom, but his owner stands in the way...a woman who is hated because she killed her husband. This was a surprise project that came to me as I was waiting for my readers to give me their feedback on the trilogy I mentioned above. This book is about 20% done.

I hope to have both somewhere in the process of going to print next year, so don't worry, I'll let you know about it when they're ready. You'll want to buy them, because they're going to be good. Working hard to make them a cut above the rest, you know what I mean? And they'll be fun too. So keep an eye out for more.

Now, your turn: What are you working on these days? What writing projects (or other parts of your life) have you excited? I like hearing about how you're doing, so please share!

Copyright (c) 2012 by M.A. Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.