Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Wishes and New Year Plans

Hi, everyone! Just wishing you all a happy holiday season and terrific new year, which will soon be upon us. (Because, after all, if the Mayans are unfazed about the end of the world and it's their calendar causing all the talk, then why should I be worried? Right?)

If you've stopped by the blog recently, you've no doubt seen that I haven't updated it very often this month. You know what the deal is? Well, I'll tell you... It's just been so busy that I unofficially decided to give myself a few weeks off. I will be back with new posts as of January 4, with a possible fun post on December 28 if I can get it done.

In January, though, I will be back for sure with a series on maintaining life and writing balance, including some tips on how to recharge when you write after a full day working for "The Man." (He's a harsh taskmaster, that guy. But he pays, which is probably why you work for him full-time and do your writing on the side.)

Seriously, though... It's definitely a challenge to figure out the day job, family, friends, fun, and writing balance that works for us. I can share what I've found works for me, plus what others are saying works for them, so I plan to do that in January. I've got some great feedback and suggestions on this subject from a bunch of people, young and old, some students, some full-time employees, some parents... all of whom tried to make time to write during National Novel Writing Month in November.

And I can tell you this: If you're writing (or trying to) in the midst of a busy schedule, you're not alone. In fact, most people seem to be in that boat. And finding balance is key to doing it long-term, so I'd like to talk about it here.

Also, I'm planning to talk either in January or February about mindfulness and how it can be of benefit for recharging your creative batteries, as well as helping keep you sane in a busy world. So, look for posts on that topic too, and be sure to let me know any thoughts you have...any questions you'd like me to tackle...or any tips that work for you. If you've written about either the work-writing-life balance or the recharging your creative batteries topics, and you'd like me to link to your posts, let me know. I'll do what I can.

In the meantime... Enjoy the holidays, stay safe and warm and dry, and I'll see you in a week or two with new thoughts on writing for a new year...the year in which I will finish my novel. (More on that too, soon!) Best wishes to you all!

Copyright (c) 2012 by M.A. Chiappetta. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a bunch of stuff that I really need to read in the coming year, Michele. All great topics. I know I could really use some encouragement and advice with balance.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy, you are such a faithful friend, and I appreciate that! Yes, I'll be talking about balance a lot, since I'm working to learn and grow in that area. Glad you'll be tuning in for it. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.